Receptionist (part-time) is needed for an adult education center serving African-American and Latino students on the westside of Chicago. The position includes responsibilities in the following areas: reception, communications, record maintenance, student services, and building/grounds.
- Welcome students, staff, visitors
- Monitor door for security purposes
- Answer telephone, take messages
- Copy materials for teachers, tutors, and staff
- Sell coffee and beverages
- Student files
- Student attendance
- Student database: information and test scores
- Tutor database: information and hours
- Student recruitment database
- Recruitment materials and mailings
- Security of files and equipment
- Organization and storage of food
- Prepare lunch for students
- Report to the Coordinator when kitchen supplies are low.
- Supervise and maintain the building/classrooms/common area
- Report to the Coordinator when buildings supplies are low.
- High School/GED required, Associate’s Degree preferred.
- At least 6 months experience as a receptionist
- Experience working with a diverse population
- Bilingual – Spanish & English
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Strong organizational skills
- Respectful and welcoming attitude
- Willing and competent to work with a diverse population
- Ability to multi-task calmly
This position is part-time, Monday through Thursday, 8:30 AM to 1:00 PM.
44 weeks a year, based on the academic program calendar.
Hourly wage: $11.00/hour
E-mail your cover letter and resume to:
Angelica Saucedo, Executive Director, email@example.com.
Subject Line: Receptionist Position
Deadline to submit cover letter and resume: Friday, March 02, 2018.