October 27, 2020
Dear TLC community,
This letter is to inform you that an individual(s) who works at or has visited The Learning Center has tested positive for Covid-19. We have coordinated our efforts to promptly identify and monitor individuals who have had recent contact with the Covid-19 positive individual(s) to prevent further spread within our building and community. The health and safety of all students, instructors, and staff is our highest priority, and we recognize the uncertainty and concern regarding the evolving coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic. We are following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as well as the state and local health departments for best practices and procedures to protect everyone’s health.
To prevent further spread of the disease, The Learning Center is taking the following steps:
- Identify and notify close contacts (i.e persons who were within six feet of a Covid-positive individual for 15 minutes cumulatively. Placing staff members and students who are identified as having prolonged close contact with the Covid-19 cases(s) in quarantine for 14 days.
- Ongoing monitoring of students and staff for signs and symptoms of illness and evaluation of illness reports to promptly identify possible outbreaks.
- Conducting a deep clean and disinfection of the areas impacted by potential exposure to the Covid-19 virus.
- Closing the TLC building and canceling all scheduled on-site appointments until further notice.
We will continue to enforce safe practices to prevent, promptly identify, and respond to potential Covid cases.
- Students/Staff/Instructors/Visitors are required to wear face coverings at all times, as previously directed, and per TLC’s Covid-19 policy.
- We are continuously sanitizing high-touch surfaces including door handles, stair rails, sink faucets, etc.
As always, everyone should monitor their health and stay at home if they develop symptoms. Sick persons should contact their health care provider to determine if testing is needed. Anyone who develops severe symptoms should seek medical care immediately.
We are committed to providing the TLC community with a safe and healthy environment.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me via email or by phone (312-884-1724).